Tplink Re205 Range Extender Setup, Troubleshooting and review
The tplink re205 is a dual-band wireless wifi range extender, repeater and wifi signal booster. It extends wifi coverage in long-distance areas. This repeater boosts the existing wifi range and provides the ultimate signal. Basically, tplink is a company name that manufactures top-quality products like wifi router, modem, access point, repeater etc. The tplink re205 wifi range extender operates over both 2.4GHz band(300Mbps) and 5GHz bands(433Mbps) for a more stable wireless experience. It connects to your Wi-Fi router wirelessly, strengthening and expanding its signal into areas it can’t reach on its own. This wifi signal booster also works with any standard router or gateway, High speed mode allows for the most ideal HD streaming & gaming experience.
The tplink re205 repeater is easily set up and manages your Wi-Fi in a few quick and easy steps using the TP-Link Tether app. It delivers the speed you need to stream, game and share files at the same time without worrying about lag or buffering.
How to connect the tplink re205 wifi repeater to the router with wire?
The tplink wifi repeater also provides ultra-fast wifi network connectivity in the whole home and expands the wifi range. If you want to enjoy the speed of the wifi repeater, you also need to connect the tplink re205 wifi range extender to the existing router. There are some steps to connect with wire connection.
- The preliminary step, unbox the tplink wireless repeater from the packaging box.
- Now, power OFF the wifi router and repeater.
- Then, place the repeater near the wifi router. In other words, the router and signal booster are placed in the same room.
- Here, install the antennas of the tplink re205 repeater. There are 2 external antennas of the repeater.
- Take an ethernet cable, plug the one end into the router’s LAN port.
- Plug the other end of the cable into the repeater’s LAN port, the backside of the repeater has 4 LAN ports. You use one LAN port to plug the cable.
- In the eventually, power ON the tplink repeater and existing wifi router. If the power LED of the repeater turns green light that means the connection is successful.
Now the tplinkrepeater is properly connect the wifi router. You easily login the repeater and enjoy the wifi network connectivity.
Login the tplink re205 wifi range extender through web browser
The tplink wifi repeater is remove the dead zone and buffering in the corner of the home. By enjoying the wifi network connectivity without any buffering. If you want to login the repeater without any hurdle then you follow the given below steps.
- Firstly, make sure your computer is properly connect the tplink wifi, wired or wirelessly.
- Open the web browser on your computer.
- Here, type http://tplinkrepeater.net in the browser address bar, press enter.
NOTE: if the web address is not working, you also use the IP address of the repeater. The tplink repeater ip address is 192.168.0.254.
- In a while, display a login page of the tplink re205 repeater.
- There are 2 fields in the login page, username and password.
- Then you type the default username ID and secret password.
- The default username and password is admin.
- In the end, click “login”.
Now the steps of the tplink re205 wifi range repeater login is finished. There were some of its steps, which you easily login follow these mentioned above steps.
Manual of the Tplink re205 wifi repeater
The tplink wifi signal booster boosts your WiFi Range and extends your router’s signal with fast and stable AC750 WiFi that brings dead zones back to life. If you want to setup the repeater you need to read the tplink re205 wifi range extender manual. The tplink manual is that which come with the repeater. In the manual all information is there about the device. You read the manual and easily setup the repeater without any trouble. But many times manual provides partial information, by which users face issues. If you want to perfectly setup the re205 wifi signal booster, then you follow the steps. I will tell you some steps of the setup.
Setup the tplink re205 wifi range extender via the App
If you want to setup the wifi signal booster, it is very simple. Every user is easily set up with the tplink app. For this you need to install the app. There are some steps of the tplink re205 wifi range extender setup, which are as follows.
- The first and foremost steps, before setting up the repeater, make sure your router is setup and connect to the internet.
- Plug the repeater into the electric outlet and close the existing wifi router.
- Then, wait for the power light of the extender to stay solid.
- Open the “google play store” and “app store”, search for and install the “plink tether app”.
- Here, launch setting and connect to the repeater default network name(SSID).
NOTE: The default SSID can be found on the label on the back of the wifi signal booster.
- Here, exist the setting and launch “tether app”. Tap on the re205 range extender to login then set up an admin password.
- Once logged in the repeater will begin to scan for the network.
- Select the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz host network for your router and type the password of this network, tap next.
- Verify the network information then tab next.
- Finally, set the repeater network then tab “apply” and wait for the setting to be applied.
Now the steps of the repeater setup with the app is complete. You enjoy the wifi connectivity and also relocate the repeater between the router and dead zone.
Troubleshooting tips for tplink re203 wifi repeater is not working
The tplink provides the stable wifi network connectivity for long-distance areas. It has more network coverage. But sometimes tplink re205 repeater not working, there are many issues. We easily resolve the issue with troubleshooting tips.
- Firstly, you need to verify tplink repeater is powered ON and power LED turn green light.
- Unplug the repeater into the electric outlet and power OFF for about 5 minutes. After 5 minutes plug in again into the electric circuit and power ON.
- Sometimes the web-based login page is not accessed, you also need to check the connection between the repeater and computer properly. Clean the cache history of the browser and also you use another web browser for accessing the login page.
- You should verify that your repeater is not in a hot area. Keep your repeater in a ventilated, cool and airy area.
- You need to check the time-to-time firmware update. If you use old firmware then your router is not working.
- In the eventually, follow all the tips mentioned above but tplink repeater still does not work, you should reset the repeater.
Firmware update the tplink re205 wifi range extender
If your repeater is not working, you need to tp link ac750 firmware update. There are some steps to update the firmware of the repeater which is available below.
- To update the firmware, you must login to the repeater with a username and password.
- Then, go to the wifi signal booster’s setting and click “system tools”.
- Under the system tools, select the section “firmware update”.
- Here, clik the “browse” option to find the downloaded firmware file, and then click Upgrade.
- The device will reboot automatically, you don’t turn off the device. Please wait about 2-3 minutes
- Now, verify if the repeater firmware has been updated.
Tplink re205 wifi range extender review
The tplink link re205 is an interior wifi network device. It also boosts and expands the wifi network connectivity in the whole. By which you enjoy streaming 4K videos, gaming consoles, music and check email without any buffering. You use the 2.4GHz frequency band to send email and browse the web, and the 5GHz band for gaming and HD streaming. The RE205 works with all wifi routers. You can also use TP-Link’s Tether app to set up the range extender, repeater and wifi signal booster from any android or iOS device in minutes. The tp link re205 repeater eliminated the dead zone in the corner of the whole home. It also has a feature of access control that controls who connects and secures your extended WiFi. That means, it is a tremendous wifi network device for strengthening and expanding the existing wifi signal.
Can I reset the tp-link wifi repeater through reset button?
Yes, you easily reset the repeater with the reset button. For this, power ON the repeater and locate the reset button. The reset button is bottom side on the tplink repeater. Here, press and hold the reset button for 10-15 seconds. Now, you hear a beep and then release the button. The LED indicators turn orange and stop blinking. It means reset is successfully done.
Do tplink WiFi extenders work with any router?
Yes, tplink is roek with any wifi router. Most extenders should be able to work with any standard wifi router. You also just want to make sure the tplink re205 extender supports 802.11n if you have an 802.11n router.
How do I change the password on my tp link wifi extender?
To change the password of tplink repeater, you need to login the repeater. After that, go to the setting and select change password. Then, type the old password in their fields and new password in the new password field. In the end, click apply. Now the password of the tplink repeater is changed.