TPLink N150 WiFi Adapter | PC N150 Wireless Network Adapter
Do have to make a quick internet call? Or want to stream some videos while waiting at the airport? TP-Link USB Wireless Adapter for PC Tplink N150 WiFi Adapter can help you out.
TP-Link USB Wi-Fi Adapter for PC N150 Wireless Network Adapter lets you connect a notebook or a desktop to a wireless network at 150Mbps. It has a convenient design to make sure you can carry it with you anywhere you want. Once you connect it to the USB port, you can enjoy lag-free internet service.
TP-Link USB Wi-Fi Adapter is easy to install. Since it has a minimal and sleek design, you can simply connect USB to the port and forget about it. You don’t have to worry about the adapter falling out or blocking adjacent USB interfaces when you move the connected laptop.
TPLink N150 Wi-Fi Adapter Features and Specifications
- Tplink N150 WiFi Adapter is a USB Wifi Adapter. It has a miniature and sleek design. It is so small that once you plug it in, you can just leave it there. You can use it without any hassle at home or while traveling.
- It offers speedy wireless transmission at a speed of up to 150Mbps that’s ideal for internet calls and video streaming.
- The adapter comes with easy to setup features that help you connect in no time. Its setup utility is available in 14 different languages.
- It uses advanced security measures that support 64/128 WEP, PA2/WPA, WPA, and PSK/WPA2-PSK(TKIP/AES).
- The adapter enables smooth and seamless video streaming, online gaming, and voice streaming.
- This adapter supports Mac OS, Windows, and Linux.
Tp-Link N150 Adapter LED Light Status
You can check the working status of the Tplink N150 WiFi Adapter given below:
- OFF: This shows that the driver hasn’t been installed and the radio of the adapter has been disabled.
- Flashing Seldom: The driver has been installed but no data is being received or transmitted.
- Flashing Frequently: It indicates that data is being received or transmitted.
Note: In case the LED is off, you can try out the tips given below:
- Check whether the adapter is identified and enabled.
- Remove and then reinstall the adapter.
- Install the software once again, if required.
How to Setup the TP-Link USB Wifi Adapter for PC N150 Wireless Network Adapter?
In this section, you will get to learn how you can connect your Tplink N150 WiFi Adapter to the computer or laptop.
Prior to using the adapter, put the adapter inside the USB port on the computer directly.
After connecting the adapter to the laptop or computer, you have to follow the instructions as per the operating system.
1. For Windows
If you have a Windows system, you will have to follow the instructions given below to install the adapter driver, join the wireless network, and uninstall the adapter on the Windows system.
TP-Link USB Wifi Adapter comes with a Setup Wizard to help you through the installation process.
- First, you have to insert the resource CD in the CD driver and then run Autorun.exe from the Autoplay window that pops up.
Important Information: You can download the driver from the Support page of the product at www.tp-link.com. Also, in the operating system, the CD screen is going to pop up automatically. Otherwise, you can just the CD manually.
- Choose TL-WIN725N and then follow the instructions for completing the installation process.
Note: In case you cannot install the driver successfully, just disable the antivirus software and firewall, and then try again.
- When you see the screen showing that the driver has been installed. Now, you will be able to connect the computer to the Wi-Fi network.
JOIN A WIRELESS NETWORK
You can easily join the wireless network through the built-in wireless utility of Windows and follow the steps below for using the built-in wireless utility of the computer system.
- Click on the ‘Network’ icon on the taskbar. Choose the Wi-Fi network you prefer and then click on it to Connect. Next, you will have to enter the password when asked.
- As soon as the network icon changes and shows it is connected to the internet, you can start browsing.
The software uninstallation steps are different for different systems. Make sure that you follow the right instructions for the Windows operating system.
- Windows 8/8.1/10
Go to ‘Start’ and you will find the option ‘TP-Link Application’. Click on the option ‘Uninstall TP-Link TL-WN725N’. Thereafter, you will have to follow the instructions given onscreen for completing the uninstallation.
Go to ‘Start’ and then open ‘All Programs’. Under this, you will find the option ‘TP-Link’ click on this and then on the option ‘Uninstall TP-Link TL-WN725N’. Follow the instructions given on-screen for completing the uninstallations.
2. For Mac OS X
In this section, you will get to learn how to install the adapter drive and utility, use the adapter for connecting a wireless network, managing the adapter, and uninstalling the adapter in Mac OS X.
INSTALL DRIVER AND UTILITY
Here, we are using Mac OS X 10.10 to site example. The steps might vary a little if you are using other Mac OS.
From the Support page of the adapter, download its driver and utility.
- You will find the CD inside the package. In case the computer has a CD driver, you can run the CD that is included for installing the driver and utility.
- Now, you have double click on unzipping the download folder and running Install.pkg.
- Next, you will get to see the Install Tplink N150 WiFi Adapter (TP-Link Wireless USB Adapter) Utility and Driver Wizard window. On this page, you will have to click on ‘Continue’ and then follow the instructions for completing the installation.
- Next, you will see the screen that says that the driver and utility have been installed successfully. So, you have to click on ‘Restart’ for finishing the installation.
- After you restart the computer, you will see the TP-Link Utility icon appearing on the menu bar in the screen’s upper-right corner. For using the utility in order to connect to a Wi-Fi network with the adapter, refer to the next section.
Note: In case the TP-Link icon doesn’t appear on the menu bar, it is necessary to make sure that the USB wireless network adapter is connected and the LED light is turned on.
Join the Wireless Network
You can use one of the two options to use the adapter to join the Wi-Fi network.
Option A: TP-Link Utility
TP-Link Utility allows you to connect the adapter to a chosen Wi-Fi network. It also lets you manage the router.
Option B: Wi-Fi Protected Setup or WPS
WPS is the network security standard for adding computers and other devices to the home network. You can use this network when the wireless router or the access point supports WPS.
1. TP-Link Utility
- First, you have to click on the TP-Link Utility icon present on the menu bar and select the Wi-Fi network from the list. Now, you will have to enter the password when asked.
If you are connected to the internet, the network icon is going to change to show signal.
- Choose the network you would like to join from the list and then insert the password when asked. Next, you will have to click on ‘Join’.
Note: In case the Wi-Fi network isn’t displayed on the list, you can join through WPS or by clicking on ‘Join Other’. Thereafter, follow the instructions given on-screen for joining the network.
2. WPS or Wi-Fi Protected Setup
You can activate WPS through Push Button Configuration and PIN code.
- First you need to press on WPS/QSS button present on the AP or router.
- After 2 minutes, click on the TP-Link Utility icon present on the menu bar. Thereafter, click on the WPS button present at the bottom of the network list.
- Next, you will have to click on PBC.
- A screen appears that you have successfully connected by WPS. Now, you will have to click on ‘OK’.
- Click on the TP-Link Utility icon present on the menu bar and then click on WPS present at the bottom of its network list.
- Click on ‘PIN’.
- In 2 minutes, you will have to log into the web management page of AP or router. Now, go to the WPS page, enter the adapter PIN in the respective field and then click on ‘Connect’.
- A screen appears which shows that you have been successful in establishing a connection by WPS. Next, click on ‘OK’.
TP-Link Utility offers an easy to manage different connection setting of the Wi-Fi network.
- Take the cursor to the ‘TP-Link Utility icon’ present on the menu bar and click on it. Next, you have to click on ‘Open Wireless Utility’ present at the bottom of the network list.
- TP-Link Utility is going to pop-up. You will have to click on the ‘Profiles’ option to open the Profiles screen.
- The screen will allow you to manage various Wi-Fi connection settings as profiles. This allows you to connect to the network easily.
The ‘Preferred Network’ options show the network that the device is connected to. The network’s information and status are displayed on the table.
For joining a Wi-Fi network
In case you want to join the Wi-Fi network that’s listed on the profile screen, choose the profile and click on ‘Apply’ that is present at the bottom right corner.
For managing and existing profile
If you have to change the wireless setting of a previous profile, choose it, and then you will be able to edit the ‘Security’ and the ‘Password’. In case you want to delete a profile, choose it, and click on ‘Remove’.
Uninstall Driver and Utility
- First, you have to double click on the option ‘Uninstall.command’, present in the downloaded folder.
- Now, you have to enter the password of the computer. As soon as you see the message ‘Uninstall Complete’, you will know that the installation is complete.
What to Do When the N150 Adapter Doesn’t Get Detected?
If the Tplink N150 WiFi Adapter doesn’t get detected, follow the instructions discussed below:
- Check if the adapter is connected to the computer securely.
- It is necessary to meet the minimum system requirements for the adapter and updated Windows and system that are installed in your laptop or computer.
- Use the updated driver for the specific adapter. The latest is listed on the ‘Support’ page of the product at http://www.tp-link.com or tplinkrepeater official.
- You can use a different port on the laptop or computer.
- You restart the computer or just try to use the adapter on a different laptop or computer.
How can I Check if the Driver has been Installed Successfully for the Tplink N150 WiFi Adapter or Not?
- On the computer, you will have to right-click on the ‘Computer’ icon and then go to ‘Manage’.
- Open the ‘Device Manager’ and then go to the option ‘Network adapter’. Thereafter, you will have to find the respective ‘TP-Link adapter, right-click it and then go to the option ‘Paradise’.
- In case you see the message ‘This device is working properly’ displayed in the red box, it means the driver has been successfully installed.
What to Do If I Cannot Connect to the Wi-Fi After I Installed the Driver?
In case you cannot connect the Wi-Fi after installing the driver, follow the tips listed below:
- Check if the adapter is connected to the computer securely.
- You can disable the firewall and the antivirus software before trying again.
- Try using a different USB port on your computer.
- Restart the laptop or computer and then try again.
- Re-install your driver before trying again.
TP-link N150 Adapter Review
TP-Link is a popular brand out there. It is the pioneer when it comes to wireless routers and adapters. One of the best aspects of the TP-Link USB Wi-Fi Adapter for PC N150 Wireless Network Adapter is that it has a sleek design. The nano-sized wireless adapter is so small that once you plug it in, you can leave it there.
With this, you will be able to enjoy fast wireless transmission at a speed of 150Mbps. It is just perfect for making internet calls or streaming videos. Once you plug it in your laptop, you don’t even have to run the installation. It will just work out of the box.
It will work with Windows, Mac, and Linux. With this, you will not have to bother about blocking all the adjacent interfaces. There is no reason to think that the adapter is going to fall out if you move the laptop from one place to the other.
By using it, you will be able to convert a wired internet connection to a Wi-Fi hotspot from your laptop or PC. The only drawback is, it might not provide you with a steady connection all the time. However, given the price, it is the best you will get in the market.