TPLink re200 LED status
- Solid green confirms the extender is connected to your current router and is receiving strong signal strength.
- Red confirms that it is not receiving adequate signals and you will have to move it closer to the router. In case it still doesn’t help try resetting the extender and reconfigure it again.
- Off means, you have not established any WiFi connection between extender and the router or access point.
- ON/OFF means that the extender is turned on or is off.
- Blinking light confirms that extender is starting or rebooting, or firmware is getting updated.
- On confirms that wps connection is established successfully between router and the repeater.
- Blinking means WPS is in progress.
- If it’s off then it shows WPS connection has failed and you need to try it again.
How to Setup TP-Link RE200 AC750 Wi-Fi Range Extender through Tether App?
- Firstly, Plug the TP-Link RE200 Extender for Setup closer to your router like within 5 to 10 feet of the range.
- Observe the power LED on the router once it turns solid green then it means it’s ready for Configuration.
- Download the Tether App on your smartphone. Click here to Download Tether App for Android | For iOS.
- Go to Settings on your smartphone and click on WiFi, Turn your WiFi On and wait till the WiFi list refreshes.
- Now click on the default SSID of TP-Link Extender among the list of available network, It will show up as “TP-Link Extender“.
- Click on default SSID and hit join the network. Now launch the Tether App on your smartphone and tap TP-Link RE220 Extender Setup which will automatically pop-up in your App.
- Moreover, It will now ask you to create a password for managing your extender’s account. Once you create a password the Tether App will look for the WiFi Network available in your area.
- Among the list of the available WiFi Network you will have to select your router SSID and punch in the password. In case your router support 5GHz too, select 5GHz and punch in the password.
- NOTE:- skip the step if your router doesn’t support 5GHz.
- Now you will have to confirm the SSID and Password for your Host Network. In the next step, you can change the default name of your Extended network.
- IMP:- In case your Host network name is ABC then the default extended network will come up as ABC_Ext.
- The TP-Link RE220 Range Extender will reboot now it takes around 90 seconds. Now you can unplug the AC750 RE220 Extender, best option is to plug it halfway between your router and the place where you need WiFi signal.
- Lastly, For Better connectivity place the Extender away from large appliances.
Tp-Link AC750 re200 repeater setup via browser
- First of all unbox your re200 repeater and plug it in halfway between your router and the place where you need WiFi connectivity. Now, wait until the power LED on it turns stable or solid.
- Now grab any of your laptop/phone and connect to the tp_link_Extender_XXX Network showing up in your WiFi list. Go to settings>>>WiFi>> and there you will see the Tp-Link default WiFi network name. You can even connect your computer or laptop via ethernet cable to your extender.
- Once connected open a browser on the very same device and at the very top in the address bar type tplinkrepeater.net or 192.168.0.254.
- It will take you to the tp-link repeater setup wizard. Type username and password as admin there and start the tp-link re200 extender setup.
- Now it will scan all the available networks in your area so select the one that you want to extend. Now to confirm type the password for the same.
- In the next tab you will be able to customize your network name or you can keep it default that is your SSID_EXT.
After applying the settings your tplink re200 will reboot, now you can easily connect your smart tv, laptop, tablet, camera, etc to your newly created extended network.
Tp-Link re200 extender setup via WPS
- For this setup we recommend you place the extender and the router in the same room or within the range of 5-10 feet. Power on both your extender and the router and wait for the power LED’s to turn stable.
- Now press and hold the WPS button present at the front of your re 200 extenders for around 2 seconds. Do the same for your router. If you are not able to locate the WPS button on your router then take reference from the router’s manual.
- Both the WPS LED on extender and router will blink and will only stop either when the connection is successful or it failed. Once the WPS LED on the tplink repeater turns solid that confirms successful WPS setup.
- Now you can unplug the re200 tplinkrepeater and place it halfway between your router and the place where you need WiFi connectivity.
- Your extended network will show up by the same network as your home router then _EXT at the end. For example your home network name is jerrywifi than after tp-link re200 wps setup it will come up as jerrywifi_EXT. Use the same password as your router’s to connect your phone, computer, camera, smart tv to this newly created extended network.
How to Setup re200 repeater as an access point?
Access point setup means that an ethernet cable will be connected between your router and the repeater. Acess point provides faster internet speed than normal wireless extender setup. So lets start the setup-
- Power on your repeater and wait until the power LED turns stable.
- Grab your laptop or phone and connect to the tp-link_Extender showing in your WiFi list.
- Once connected open a browser and in the URL type http://tplinkrepeater.net or type 192.168.0.254.
- Type “admin” for both username and password. And on the top right corner select the settings>>mode>>select access point.
- Now create an SSID, password, and security type.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
How to setup onemesh Network on tplink re200 repeater?
Onemesh network helps you to create mesh points with the help of your existing router and repeaters. This network will have one SSID and password which means you will be able to roam anywhere in your home or office without the need to switch the networks. You can check the compatibility of your devices for onemesh technology on this link https://www.tp-link.com/us/onemesh/compatibility/. One Mesh can be setup via tether app or browser lets understand how-
- Unbox your extender and plug it in halfway between your router and the place where you need internet.
- Wait until the power LED on it turns stable or solid.
- Now download the tether app and launch it.
- Select the extender model on your app that you want to setup in onemesh network.
- Go to tools>>Onemesh>>enable.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
- Plugin your re200 repeater into a wall outlet at a place where you want the internet.
- Once the power led turns stable then start the onemesh setup via the browser.
- Connect to tp-link_Extender_EXT in your WiFi list or connect an ethernet cable between your computer and extender.
- Now open a browser and in the URL type http://tplinkrepeater.net
- Go to settings>>>one mesh>>join onemesh.
How to reset Re200 extender?
In order to reset the re200 extender you need to press and hold the reset hole for around 10 seconds. For this purpose we recommend you using a sharp object like paper clip or pin. While resetting the extender you will see a blinking power light. Although you need to be aware that resetting the device will make it lose all the configuration you did. So you will have to reconfigure re200 extender again. Click here to download tplink repeater re200 extender pdf manual.