The TP-Link AC2600 Repeater comes with more strong and incredible features. To be very honest, it is an amazing wireless product for the dead zone area. Place the TP-Link AC2600 extender into that room where the dead spots create trouble for you. As compared to the old products of the wireless range extender, the TP-Link AC2600 wifi extender has boosted up its wifi speed to cover 14,000 square feet of area effectively. All you need to say thanks to the WPS button on the rear panel of the repeater. Thus, it seamlessly connects to the home network for good network coverage.
The major thing that you want to know about the device is what you get from its LED indicators. The status indicator explains the power of 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz of networking bands. It’s a smart signal indicator that helps you to assist in setting up the wireless range extender. For more information about the device, you will learn in the following sections.
TP-Link AC2600 Extender Configuration Methods
Here are the quick configuration methods for the setup of the TP-Link wireless range extender. Well, the repeater offers two simple and intuitive ways to complete the method. In this section, we’ll discuss two ways.
TP-Link AC2600 Repeater wireless repeater Setup with WPS Button
Follow the steps to complete the tp-link AC2600 Extender setup with the WPS Button.
- Prominently, plug the AC2600 wireless repeater into the wall outlet which should be located next to the wifi router device.
- Thereon, you need to wait until the LED light on the device turns solid on.
- Now simply press the WPS Button on the ac2600 extender for more than a second.
- However, the signal LED indicator should change from flashing to solid on.
- If the wireless repeater automatically connects to the Gigabit wireless router then you need to repeat this process to connect other wireless devices to the extender.
- Therefore, relocate the tp-link repeater.
AC2600 wireless repeater Setup with a web-based interface
In the web-based interface of the tp-link wireless extender, you will require the extended network name that is the router’s network name with _ext at the end of the wireless network name. Moreover, the password will be the same as the host router’s password.
- Basically, you need to plug the wifi repeater into the power outlet and place it next to the dual-band router.
- Standby until the blue LED appears on the front panel of the device.
- There, connect the PC with the repeater’s wireless network name and the SSID name is TP-Link_Extender.
- Launch a safe internet portal and type tplinkrepeater.net into the location bar.
- When you are on the login screen, create a new wifi password to log into the settings of the device.
- However, the tp-link wireless repeater will automatically scan the host wifi network.
- There, you can choose between 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz networks and enter the password to connect to the internet connection.
- If you choose the 5 GHz network band then it asks for the password which you need to enter.
- Tap to confirm the host network for the wireless password and keep the network name and set or alter them as you like.
- However, the wireless extender will automatically reboot to apply all the settings of the wifi.
- Now you need to relocate the place of the wireless device to get better performance of the network connection into the home network.
AC2600 wireless repeater Setup as an access point mode
In order to establish the internet connection as an access point mode, you need a long ethernet cable. Just connect the Ethernet cable to the LA port of the ac2600 repeater device.
- Firstly, place the wireless repeater at that location where you get an uninterrupted wifi connection.
- Also, ensure that the connection should be between the dual-band router and the wifi range extender.
- After that, connect the device with the tp-link_extender_2.4 GHz or tp-link_extender_5 GHz network name. The name you will find on the wifi list of your PC windows screen.
- Once the connection is established then upgrade the firmware of the device and in the location bar enter tplinkrepeater.net or IP address 192.168.1.254.
- When you reach the setup page, enter admin for both the password and the username fields.
- After the login, choose the settings on the top-right corner and then connect it with both the networking bands.
- After accessing the settings, choose the access point mode and create a new network name and password.
- Make sure to save the settings and also ensure that the name should appear on the wifi list.
- Therefore, connect to it and enjoy the high-speed connection.
For the best tp-link repeater results
To get a better result for the repeater
- Plug the wireless repeater in the middle of the dual-band router and the wireless dead zone areas.
- After that, relocate the tp-link repeater in an open clear place.
- Make sure to keep away the wireless range extender from the bigger and heavy electrical appliances.
Therefore, check the LED signal, if the blue LED is visible then there will be a strong signal connection. If you see a red LED light then your device is getting a poor wifi connection and by adopting these points, relocate the device in your home.
How to check the light status on the TP-Link AC2600 Repeater?
As you know, the tp-link wireless range extender shows different lights that explain the different meanings.
- When you find the blue LED light on the rear panel of the extender then it confirms the successful connection between the dual-band repeater and the wifi extender. You can also assume that it is receiving the breakthrough connection.
- The flashing of the red LED means the tp-link wifi repeater is getting a weak or poor signal connection. In order to solve the red LED error, eliminate the space between the router and the repeater. You should relocate the extender and move the device closer to the host router.
- If the LED is simply blinking after pressing the WPS button then it indicates that the WPS connection is in process. At that time, you have to show some patience to establish a secure WPS connection.
- When there is no LED light then it confirms no signal takes place between the wireless repeater and the host router.
- If the 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz LED lights are on then it indicates the successful connection with both of the networking bands.
- If the networking band LED is off then it means that the bands have failed to connect to the wifi connection of the repeater.
- The power LED of the range extender is lit then it connects the connection and it is on.
- When the wifi repeater has blinking LED lights then it is currently booting up.
- When the LED is off then it is simply powered off.
So these are the meanings of the LED lights of the TP-Link AC2600 Repeater.