Tplink m4 setup via deco app
Deco M4 is the system that has the wi-fi coverage of up to the area of 4000 square feet. For this TP-Link mesh uses a technology combining Mesh wifi units for achieving seamless home wi-fi coverage along with eliminating the week signal areas forever. Due to advances in Mesh technology, the units work jointly for creating a unified network with a single network name. As you roam around your homes or offices devices will automatically switch between. For TP-Link Deco M4 AC1200 Setup via app follow these steps:
- Download and install the Tplink Deco APP. As per your mobile device whether Android or IOS phone or tablet, click here to download the app.
- After this open your tplink app and use your ID to login . If you don’t have any TP-Link ID, then tap on Sign up. The rest will be guided to you by the app on-screen instructions.
- Power off your modem. After this connect your M4 AC1200 Mesh to the modem and power on both of them. If you don’t have any modem, then use Ethernet cable to connect directly with your tplink M4.tplink deco app m4 setup.
- Now choose a location for the Mesh unit. If the location of Deco is not listed, then you can create a new by selecting the option of Custom.
- Create an SSID and password for your network. With this SSID and password, you will be able to connect your devices with Wi-Fi.
- For extending the wi-fi coverage, you can add more tp-link M4 mesh units if required. This Tplink deco app will also guide you through the Tp-Link M4 setup one by one.
Setup TpLink AC1200 Mesh system Via Browser tplinkdeco.net?
Checking internet status and managing your settings is possible via a web browser too. Presently, only a few models support this management which is web-based, but there is nothing to worry as other models will support this feature by updating the firmware soon. If you want you can use the web browser and for this then you will have to follow these steps for TP-Link Deco M4 AC1200 Setup Via Browser:
- Firstly connect your device to the Mesh Unit whether wired or wirelessly. For wired connection, turn off your Wi-Fi if there is any on your computer and connect the router with the help of an Ethernet cable. For connecting wirelessly, you will have to connect to a wireless network. This will be the network that was configured by you during the setup of the internet.
- Launch the web browser that you are using and enter http://tplinkdeco.net or the LAN IP address which is shown on the Deco app in the address bar for logging into the web management page. For finding the IP address, launch your deco app and go to More—–> Advanced——>LAN IP
- Now enter the password of your Tp-Link ID for logging in. The owner Tp-Link ID will be the ID that you have already used for setting up the network through the app.
- On the web management page, checking the internet or client’s information becomes easy. Along with this, you will also find some advanced settings on the web management page.
The settings that you will find there are as follows:
- Check internet status
- Deco information
- Connected clients Information
- Upgrade your Deco AC1200
- Set time
- Reboot your M4 Deco
- Check system log
- Check System parameters
Tp-Link Deco M4 AC1200 not Working
- For this take your phone closer to the main Deco Unit. Make sure that the phone is connected to the Wi-Fi of the AC1200 Mesh system and has a valid IP address.
- Close all your background apps including the Tplink app also. In other words, force close your app and after this launch it again to configure the main mesh unit.
- Another thing that you can check is the wired connection between the modem and main Deco is working properly.
- You can also use another Ethernet cable for connecting the main Deco and modem along with changing the LAN ports.
- Try to use another phone for configuring your tplink mesh unit if you have any and also try to connect with another mesh unit as the main unit.
- For this take your phone closer to the slave Tp-Link M4 AC1200 Deco unit that you are trying to add. Now move the slave unit next to the main mesh unit and reboot it
- Ensure that the power on slave tp-link M4 mesh unit is on and the LED is pulsing Blue. If not, then you will have to reset the slave unit by pressing the Reset button for one second.
- Now, wait for two minutes till the main ac1200 mesh unit starts working and LED is pulsing Blue on the slave unit. After this try again to add slave tplink M4 unit.
- Also, ensure that the model selected by you while configuring the slave model is correct.
- Connect the main unit and slave unit with Ethernet cable and then try again to add slave.
Tp-link Deco M4 no light issue
- If LED is not pulsing Blue then search out for the Reset Button at the bottom of the Deco. Press this button for one second and after that release it.
- After this, the LED on the main Deco will turn yellow and then wait for two minutes till LED starts pulsing blue.
- If the LED of your Deco is completely off, then, first of all, change the power adapter and power socket as this could be an issue with the deco unit, power socket or the power adapter.
setup wired Ethernet backhaul with Tp-link M4 AC1200 Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi system?
- Ethernet Backhaul is a feature that makes wiring of M4 mesh units together possible for more internet speed. Due to this feature, every two units can easily be wired with an Ethernet port and the transmission of Data will be through Ethernet connection.
- By this, the data transmission is faster and more stable than Wi-Fi. When Ethernet backhaul is established then the Wi-Fi establishment will automatically be disconnected.tplink deco m4 setup.
- Normally after connecting tp-link ac1200 mesh units with Ethernet cable, automatically the Ethernet backhaul starts coming into effect-For setting up Ethernet Backhaul with Tp-Link M4 wifi system, you have to go on the Deco app.
- On the app, click on the internet icon.
- After this choose one of the slave Deco and you can see there the signal source of it.
- If you see a Wi-Fi signal on the signal source, it means that the Wi-Fi backhaul has been used by slave unit.
- There is an Ethernet icon, then it means that the Ethernet backhaul has been used by slave deco.
Click here to Download CPE510 Pdf Manual