In essence, the TP-Link EAP620 V2 HD Wireless Router is powered by the Omada. It is included under the series EAP620 V2 WiFi 6 AX1800 Wireless Gigabit Access Point. The Overall performance of this access point provides the best wireless coverage solutions for households and small-medium businesses. You can use the Omada WiFi 6 AX1800 Wireless Gigabit Access Point independently and work with a free mind as standalone APs. Since it is centrally controlled by the Omada Software Controller. However, it is possible if your access point has been designed with the Omada Software-Defined Networking technology.
These all the features are loaded in the Tp-link Omada AX1800 Mesh. It is an imperative wireless access point that has the latest wireless Wi-Fi 6, OFDMA, MU-MIMO, Seamless Roaming, Mesh technology. You can access EAP620 hd mesh with Omada Hardware Controller (OC200/OC300), Omada Software Controller, and Omada Cloud-Based Controller. Apart from this, it gives stretchy, richly-operational network connectivity with easily configured wireless network methods. You can install the TP-Link EAP620 hd AX1800 access point conveniently because it supports standard 802.3at PoE+ for smooth High-Density Deployment.
Choose the Omada WiFi 6 AX1800 Wireless Mesh Management Method
Prior to use, kindly choose one management method for the tp-link AX1800 Wi-Fi access point. These all the methods are broached below in order.
1. Controller mode:
The Controller mode is one of the best EAP based methods to control your virtual network situation. You can manage the immense-scale network centrally which gets ready to configure mass devices like gateways, access points, & switches. Then, the controller mode is recommended for it. It is configured and monitored through the Omada SDN Controller.
2. Standalone mode:
The Standalone method is generally available to control and manage small-sized networks and a fewer number of devices. You can control and monitor the tp-link EAP based via the Graphical User Interface.
Build the tp-link Omada SDN EAP620 HD network topology
Prior to managing the Ethernet Automatic Protection Switching in Standalone mode or controller mode, let’s build up firstly network topology with the given points below.
Steps for the TP-Link EAP620 V2 Access Point Installation
First, take out from its box AP620 HD, Power Adapter, Ceiling/Wall Mounting Kits, Installation Guide. Here are the following steps referring to the tp-link wifi 6 access point installation.
- First, choose an exhaustive place for it to use the TP-Link EAP620 V2 WiFi 6 AX1800 Router installation.
- You can mount the access point tp-link Omada ax1800 on the ceiling whether you can mount it on a wall.
- Get the instructions for the tp-link EAP620 V2 mount from the tp-link EAP610 manual.
- Follow all hardware installation step-by-step guide through its tp-link EAP620 hd manual and afterwards, initiate the EAP620 hd mesh power.
- You could connect it with the power supply using the power adapter or a PSE device.
- Firstly attach the Ethernet port of the PoE switch (compliant with 802.3at) with your access point LAN port through an internet cable.
- As well, attach the PoE main switch into a wall outlet and press the power button.
- On the other hand, if you would like to connect it with the power adapter, then attach the one end of the tp-link power cable with your access point port and attach another main point to the socket.
Tp-link EAP620 hd AX1800 access point Configuration steps via standalone mode
Here are some points that are demonstrated for the tp-link ax1800 access point setup with standalone mode.
(i) Steps to configure the tp-link EAP620hd via the Omada app
- Download the tp-link Omada app for Windows or Android.
- Ensure that your mobile is joined to the internet. If not, walk through your mobile phone wireless settings and select TP-Link_2.4GHz/5GHz_XXXXXX (network SSID) and TP-Link EAP620 default password.
- Afterwards, install it on your mobile phone.
- Launch it and Navigate on the tp-link EAP620 V2 login panel.
- Enter in the tp-link ax1800 admin page its username and password.
- In this way, finish the tp-link Omada AX1800 login process.
- Henceforth, the tp-link EAP620hd AX1800 setup page is demonstrated on your mobile screen. Click on EAP mode, it is seen on the Standalone APs page.
- Likewise, you should configure and monitor the tp-link Omada WiFi 6 AX1800 Wireless access point. Through this app, you might only configure some common settings.
(ii) Tp-link AX1800 access point configure via the web browser
- Launch a web browser on your computer.
- Ensure that it’s connected with the Omada AX1800 Access point network.
- Search in browser URL bar tp-link access point default ip (192.168.1.1) or http://tplinkeap.net.
- After locating it, meanwhile, it demonstrates on your computer screen a tp-link EAP620 admin panel.
- Enter in tp-link ax1800 login dialogue box tp-link EAP620 admin username and default password.
- Once the tp-link access point login, kindly walk-through on the tp-link access point setup page.
- Change the tp-link ap net advanced settings. Emulate on-screen step-by-step info to modify its network settings.
- Search through tplinkeap.net password reset, it will help you to reset the password of the device.
- Finally, save all the altered settings.
tp-link Omada EAP620hd AX1800 setup via Controller mode
Emulate the below-mentioned points to the access point tp-link (EAP620 hd) wireless AX1800 gigabit configuration with the controller mode.
Omada Software Controller
- You should use Windows with Linux OS rather than Windows OS.
- Download the tp-link Omada EAP620 software controller on Windows Linux OS. Search https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/omada-software-controller/.
- Install the file and then operate the Omada software controller by following the tp-link Omada setup wizard instructions.
- After this, configure the tp-link EAP620 access point after completing the login process.
- When you have to set it up adequately then you might be able to access your tp-link Omada EAP620 access point anywhere via Omada Cloud Service.
- Enable through the tp-link ax1800 settings page cloud access and hide the tp-link EAP620 controller Id.
- Subsequently, launch a browser to locate the https://omada.tplinkcloud.com and login in.
- Enter the tp-link controller Id and password to finish the login process.
- After this, you have to configure the further device’s settings to get a more rapid and robust internet connection.
Thus, these are the broached guide for the tp-link EAP620 hd setup. Apart from this, you can also configure it through the Omada Cloud-Based Controller or Via Omada Hardware Controller (OC200/OC300).
Tricks to cope with the TP-Link EAP620 V2 issues
You will follow the given tp-link EAP620 troubleshooting guide to cope with this router’s following issues.
- Omada App not working sometimes due to the influence of the internet or its obsolete version. To get rid of the issue, you might update the app and connect it with a stagnant internet connection.
- The web interface of your computer is not able to access https://omada.tplinkcloud.com due to weak internet and a typo. So, type this again in the addressing bar and log in to your tp-link account to add and subscribe to the Omada Cloud-Based Controller.
- When the TP-Link EAP620 not working and not connecting to the internet connection. Then, you have to again configure the wireless access point. Also, modify the network settings to connect its network connection perfectly.
- Once in a while, the tp-link EAP620 initialization signal light does not flash. If it does not flash twice means your access point does not work adequately. Kindly connect the tp-link EAP620 with the internet and initialize it again.
- The Omada local login page is not accessed sometimes due to the tp-link EAP login ip address typo.
So, these are points for the TP-Link EAP620 V2 AX1800 Access point troubleshooting. You may use it to get rid of your networking access point issues.
Tp-link EAP620 factory reset
Here are the following steps that are broached below to the tp-link EAP620 V2 Ax1800 reset process.
- Locate on your laudable tp-link AX1800 access point reset button.
- Use a pin or paper clip to reset the tp-link EAP620 factory default settings.
- Insert this pin in the hole of the reset button of this access point.
- Keep holding it for three to five seconds.
- You must press the tp-link EAP620 AX1800 reset button until the LED flashes quickly five times.
- After resetting the tp-link EAP620 factory reset the EAP will reboot automatically.
- So, let’s use it after resetting the tp-link factory default settings. With the same process, you might also reset the Omada software controller.
Steps to update the Tp-link EAP620 V2 firmware
Below, some points are demonstrated for updating the tp-link Omada EAP620 Ax1800 firmware. So, let’s follow these steps and update it.
- First of all, delve into the tp-link EAP login panel.
- After this, enter the tp-link Omada login username and password.
- Make sure it is correct and go ahead.
- The tp-link setup page is manifest to configure the different settings of the wireless access point.
- Click on the support option and then choose the tp-link Omada AX1800 access point firmware update option.
- Then, let’s update it and get its latest version with extra added features.
- Apart from this, it helps you to cope with the occurring issues.
tp-link EAP620 review
The TP-Link EAP620 HD AX1800 wireless access point is probably a pretty well-designed system for your small offices and households. You can get the Omada WiFi 6 AX1800 Wireless Gigabit Access Point high signal range with the High-Density Deployment. Moreover, it is designed with the OFDMA, WiFi 6, latest generation Mesh, Seamless Roaming & MU-MIMO technology. It is an SDN Integrated device you can access it with the Cloud Access & Omada App. Also, it is PoE+ Powered and installed very easily. The Tp-link Ax1800 wireless access point is designed with the latest wireless Wi-Fi 6 technology. Apart from this, it is loaded with amazing features like 1024-QAM and Long OFDM Symbol. The EAP620 HD encourages dual-band Wi-Fi rates up to 1800 Mbps. In addition, it is able for the 4 Spatial streams, multi-user network throughput is significantly boosted to move more applications.
Some other tp-link EAP620 wireless access point specs
- Tp-link EAP620 HD Price: $129.99
- Tp-link Omada EAP620 range: AX1800 (2.4Ghz at 574Mbps and 5Ghz at 1201 Mbps)
- Intend with: Gigabit PoE + Port, power supply, reset button, LEd signal lights
- The TP-Link EAP620 HD datasheet shows all info about it.
- Wireless type: 802.11n, 802.11ax, 802.11b, 802.11ac, 802.11g
- Tp-link Omada Ax1800 EAP620 dimension: 9.59 x 9.59 x 2.59 inches
- Manufacturer: TP-Link
- ASIN Number: B08TRPMC69
- Country of Origin: Vietnam
- Date First Available: March 3, 2021
- Series: EAP620 HD
- Item model number: EAP620 HD
- Item Weight: 1.59 pounds
- Voltage: 240 Volts
- Department: Network Hardware
These are the above mentioned tp-link EAP620 specifications are given into the tp-link eap620 hd datasheet. So, please check the datasheet to get more info about it.